1. the-beauty-pages.com/archive-april11.php The Beauty Pages feature on natural scent April 2011
2. Pure Beauty Magazine – Fragrance focus May 2011
3. Natural Health Magazine – June 2011
4. Esprit Magazine – July 2011
5. emmawaight.co.uk July 2011 (Archives) – Why you should swap to organic perfumes
6. Pure Beauty July 2011 – Natural beauty feature
7. ivillage.co.uk/100-eco-fashion-and-beauty-best-buys/130256#90 July 2011 – ivillage 100 eco fashion and beauty best buys
8. www.daisygreenmagazine.co.uk/beauty/galleries-beauty/daisy-does-ethical-perfumes-2/ Aug 2011 – Daisy Green Magazine article on ethical perfumes
9. http://magazine.ethicsgirls.co.uk/get-low-down-eco-perfumes-kerry-law-discovers-6-latest-organic-and-eco-perfumes-great-credientials-a Aug 2011 Ethics Girls magazine – get the lowdown on Eco-Perfumes
10. Jasmine Award winner Yanar Alkayat’s Ecobeautyblog Oct 2011 –http://ecobeautyblog.wordpress.com/tag/pg-organics/
11. Simply Beautiful Magazine – Christmas gifts 2011
12. http://www.theecologist.org/green_green_living/health_and_beauty/1145220/eco_beauty_heroes_2011.html – The Ecologist Eco beauty heroes 2011
13. http://www.dare2mag.com/beauty/2011/perfume-for-christmas/ DARE2 Magazine Dec 2011- Perfume for Christmas
14. Natural Beauty Yearbook 2012 – Making perfect scents
15. Handmade Living magazine Feb 2012 – Beauty buys
16. Interview with a fragrance allergy sufferer (1) May 2012 – http://mothernaturessnuggery.com/2012/06/14/interview-with-a-fragrance-allergy-sufferer-zoe/
17. Interview with a fragrance allergy sufferer (2) May 2012 – http://mothernaturessnuggery.com/2012/06/14/interview-with-a-fragrance-allergy-sufferer-heather/
18. Naturally Gorgeous – Time to Embrace a truly original totally natural perfume (June 2012)
19. Queen of Easy Green 30th June 2012 – Is your perfume poisonous? Why you should choose a natural, organic fragrance http://www.lyndseyyoung.co.uk/is-your-perfume-poisonous-why-you-should-choose-a-natural-organic-fragrance/
20. Sultry Summer – Buff Beauty blog 25th July 2012 http://buff-beauty.com/
21. Beauty Balm – A Beauty & Lifestyle blog 28th July 2012- http://bbalm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pg-organics-embrace-edp.html
22. Queen of Easy Green 20th Aug 2012 – feedback from a migraine sufferer who had given up wearing perfume http://www.lyndseyyoung.co.uk/why-sharing-eco-friendly-finds-is-good-for-business-and-fans/
23. i-on Glasgow magazine Sept/Oct 2012 – The Prefect Scent
24. Vogue Oct 2012 – Scents of Style
Comments and reviews
The following comments were posted following a review, unfortunately the website no longer exists hence the reason for re-posting here
April 29, 2011 at 11:55 am
Hi, I recently purchased this perfume and really love the musky notes as you’ve described above. I would agree that it is aimed at an older audience (i’m mid thirties) as opposed to something sweeter that suits a younger person.
I’m delighted to have found a perfume that is organic and that lasts for hours, well done PG & thanks.
May 12, 2011 at 8:27 pm
Embrace is a really rather beautiful scent and to top it off it combines natural, organic certified ingredients. The strength is Eau de Parfum and so you therefore don’t need to use a lot of it.
Perfume is very personal and can evoke strong memories, and for me this fragrance offers a very nostalgic, vintage warmth; on smelling it, it reminded me very much of a wonderful fragrance my grandmother used to wear. It’s very distinctive.
On application, as with any fragrance, one needs to allow the top notes to settle. Once the top notes dissipate, the middle notes become rather mellow allowing the base note to settle beautifuly onto the skin, however there is still a fabulous warm and spicy tone all the way through.
Unlike synthetic fragrances, which I also wear, there is a specific scent that carries on throughout Embrace; it also lasts on ones skin for the day. I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes spicy, warm, sexy, nostalgic, almost mysterious fragrances. It’s one of those scents that you will smell somewhere on a hot, balmy, summer evening and it will leave you wondering…who is wearing it and what is the name?
For me, it’s a must scent and I would highly recommend it to anyone!
May 23, 2011 at 3:40 pm
I’ve also tried Embrace and I really love the exotic aromas but then I’ve always been a fan of muskier, warm and spicy scents – BUT what I really loved about it was that it encouraged an almost unheard of compliment from my husband who on smelling it on me said ‘mmmm, you smell nice’ and that almost NEVER happens!
May 24, 2011 at 8:01 pm
This is a such a gorgeous perfume. To describe the scent I would say a very definite sexy confidence; or perhaps that’s just how I feel when i’m wearing it, which is actually everyday! It is absolutely a scent for the thirties upwards. It smells amazing on my skin and I have had so many compliments since wearing it. Thank you PG Organics … bring on the next fragrance because I will definitely be purchasing it!
July 7, 2011 at 8:29 pm
Cocooned in Embrace, a sophisticated, warm and sensual scent, I am immediately transported to a balmy evening in Ibiza, sipping a cocktail as the sun melts like honey into the sea. A fragrance that can only be described as divine!
However, the best thing about Embrace is that, unlike almost all other brands (even those claiming to be “natural”), I have now found a fragrance that I can wear without aggravating my allergies (wheezing and skin rashes). I am delighted to be able to wear Eau de Parfum again, after so many years.
July 9, 2011 at 7:51 am
Embrace is a fabulous fragrance. I was looking for an organic perfume online and found PG Organics on Google, read the description and the combination of ingredients really appealed to me. Most other perfumes available online were based on one or two essential oils and would not have the subtlety that Embrace delivers. As I had never sampled Embrace prior to buying, I was thrilled with the results, so much so that I find myself having a quick sniff of my wrists! It is very soothing. I look forward to the launch of the next fragrance.
August 29, 2011 at 2:38 pm
Embrace is whisper soft and envelopes you in a sensuous powdery mist. It never shouts, but transports you from Dawn ’til Dusk, quietly nestling on your hair and skin
Review of Embrace on the Organic Skin Store website on June 12 2011 by Kendra http://www.theorganicskinstore.com/collections/pg-organics/products/pg-organics-embrace-30ml
I was a bit dubious about this scent because it’s not my usual taste in fragrance yet it surprised me. You know when you get a smell that makes you feel mysterious and sensual- well this is it. It changes slightly with body heat etc and is what I would call ‘a grown up’ fragrance. Not too keen on the bottle but the contents are worthy of the cost.